Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Me dying, kya?

SICK! That's how I feel. My immune system has caved on me again. I've got a bad cold and cough... the kind that racks your entire body and makes you feel like your ribs were placed specially so as to cause maximum damage. My throat seriously feels like it's been sandpapered.

Drinking cups of hot tea offers only a temporary reprieve. TK recommends a cuppa warm brandy with sugar in it... I wish!

I was going to get mad about the frequent illnesses, until I realized that my body's probably just reacting to the horrible way I've treated it for the past month or so. So I can't really blame it, I can only blame myself. But couldnt it at least have waited until I met the critical deadline at work on Friday!!

It’s horrible being sick. If there is no-one around to take care of you, you stop wanting anybody at all. You just go into a pathetic wallowing-in-self-pity cocoon and refuse to admit anyone. ‘I am fine. Leave me alone.’ You stop taking calls. You just lie all day in bed, moping! Crying over milk, spilt, retrieved and then burnt! Yup, it’s sick being sick!

My eyes are starting to burn again... time for another pill-popping session!!

No comments: