Saturday, November 20, 2004

Janta, I am back!!

I am back from the longest blog-hiatus lasting a measly 25 days (Not counting the Happy Anniversary blog, which I had been posted in advance).

Actually, I’m quite impressed I’m still doing this! Trust me, my interest levels are pretty low at stuff like this. I remember starting out writing a daily journal a million times when I was younger…the record stands at 3 consecutive days, I think. So this is some sorta personal record for me!

Well, in my short absence, some so-called friends threatened to give a supari on me in case I don't update regularly enough. First it was Ranjitbhai - the local muscle-bound goonda, aided ably by his vile henchman, Vikramseth (no relation to the other Vikram Seth and "a suitable boy"). Then there were all these mails and messages from SJ (aka Nuts) and Missy Mua (aka Sharon) calling me a lazy bum and coercing me to blog.

The latest such mail came from the dreaded gangster, Ashishbhai. It goes as follows:


From: "AK"

Date: Thurs, 18 Nov 2004 08:29:58 +0530

Subject: Oye! Watcha doing?


Missing in action, (Ms Singh in action)

Blog update karo warna.. we will have to give a supari on you? Dont do busy-vusy man-nahi ha ka naatak. I know you just plain lazy. Blog likhne mein kya time lagta hai re? Chal abhi ek post mangta. JALDIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

bahut sara prem,

Ash


Alarmed by these threatening mails, I decided it was time for me to snap out of the holiday mood and do some serious blogging and besides it's really futile to argue with idiots (not directed at anyone in particular) on why I didn't feel like updating my blog.

I've argued with several idiots over the last few weeks, with little success. I am now honing my ability to just walk away.

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down and beat you with experience."

Anyone know who said it? I stumbled upon these oh-so-insightful words in the comments box following a
review of my favorite in-ear earphones (Oh yes, I did order the headphones online (much against RMs better judgement) and they were delivered 2 days back. I have been using the earphones every day since then and absolutely love them. They even make music playing from my crappy ass lappy sound amazing).

No comments: